Born and raised in Kenya, I am specialized in Natural History Photography and Filmmaking consulting for all major National Parks as well as Marine Parks in Kenya.
My expertise includes but is not limited to:
- Location Scouting
- Wildlife Conservation
- Organizing and facilitating documentary interviews with the locals and/or Kenya Wildlife Service
- Fixing and Facilitation Services
- Organizing Wildlife Photography and filmmaking safaris with professional driver guides who speak English, German, French and Italian
- Wildlife Stock Photos
- Lodge and Camp accommodation arrangements
- Location recommendations and research
- Conducting and leading Wildlife Photography workshops
- Location logistics and management by Road, Air and Boat
- Safari vehicle rentals with experienced local drivers
- Swahili translations
- and much much more...
I feel most at home when out in nature and am passionate about photographing both Wildlife and Marine life. I love displaying their unique behavior, their natural habitats and showcasing the fascinating lives that they lead.
Unlike other photographers who specialize in either Marine or Terrestrial wildlife only, I'm quite the all rounder as I adore photographing and sharing our entire natural history as a whole ~ Land, Air and Ocean!
My work has been published in National Geographic magazine and commended in various photography competitions. My fondness for natural history inclines me to write and publish articles & photographs for various locally based newspapers, international magazines and conservation organizations.
Being constantly in the wilderness, I have developed a sixth sense when it comes to animal behavior and have also offered my expertise to international wildlife documentary filmmakers and researchers. I have been following the lives of seven different lion prides in the Tsavo East Ecosystem for about ten years so naturally am a huge fan of Big Cats! My core areas of expertise include: Tsavo East & West National Parks, Shimba Hills National Reserve, Taita, Lumo & Ngutuni Sanctuaries, Mombasa Marine Park and Kisite Mpunguti Marine Reserve.
My proudest achievement was when I was appointed by the Kenya Wildlife Service as an Honorary Game Warden after years of dedication to saving distressed and injured wildlife, combating bush meat poachers as well as educating the general public on our country's wildlife heritage.
I am affiliated with Mombasa Coast Tourist Association on the Conservation and Regulation Committee, The Shimba Support Group as the Chairman and am a regular contributor to SWARA Magazine of the East African Wildlife Society.
Born, raised and living in Kenya I love sharing natural history stories with anyone keen to listen to them!
I can sit for hours talking wildlife in the wilderness. I have also consulted for wildlife documentary filmmakers such as:
- Green Heart Films, for the series "Blue In Focus"
- Silverback Films, for the BBC 1 & BBC Worldwide series "The Hunt"
Other affiliations I am involved with:
- Wild Kenya Safaris - www.wildkenyasafaris.com
- Kenya Wildlife Service - Honorary Game Warden.
- Shimba Support Group - Chairman.
- East African Wildlife Society - Contributing Writer.
- Coast Week Newspaper - Freelance Photojournalist
- Kenya Coast Tourist Association - Conservation & Regulation Committee.
- Dive Operators Association Of Kenya - Executive Member.