Silverback Films specialises in the production of high quality wildlife films for both television and the cinema.
Formed in 2012 by Alastair Fothergill and Keith Scholey, the company brings together a world class team of wildlife film makers to create the highest quality natural history films.
Silverback Films now includes the following productions: silverbackfilms.tv/shows
- North America: A seven part landmark series for the Discovery Channel (May 2013)
- Mystery of the Lost Island / Deadly Islands: A six part landmark series for Discovery International (2014)
- The Hunt: A seven part landmark series for the BBC (2015)
- David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet: Sir David's witness statement (2020)
- Our Planet: An eight part landmark series with WWF for Netflix (April 2019)
- Dancing with the Birds (2019)
BBC Earth Giant Screen 3D film:
- Incredible Predators (2017)
The Silverback team have recently made these feature films for Disneynature:
- African Cats (2011)
- Chimpanzee (2012)
- Bears (2014)
- Monkey Kingdom (2015)
- Disneynature Growing Up Wild (2016)
- Blue/Dolphin Reef (2018)
- Penguins (2019)
- Elephant (2020)
Silverback Films is based in the city of Bristol UK, famous as the British centre for wildlife film production.
The Silverback wildlife filmmakers have worked on films and series that have been among the most successful ever produced. Their work has been recognised at the highest level and have won many acclaimed awards, including BAFTA, EMMY, RTS, Grierson, Jackson Hole WFF and Wildscreen Panda awards.